Updated: December 20, 2018
PatentGuru is used by millions of people, and we are proud of the trust placed in us. In exchange, we trust you to use our services responsibly.
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out a list of acceptable and unacceptable conducts for our Services. If we believe a violation of the policy is deliberate, repeated, or presents a credible risk of harm to other users, our customers, the Services, or any third parties, we may suspend or terminate your access privelige. This policy may change as PatentGuru grows and evolves, so please check back regularly for updates and changes.
You agree not to misuse the PatentGuru services ("Services") or help anyone else to do so. For example, you must not try to do any of the following in connection with the Services:
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network;
- breach or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas or parts of the Services, or shared areas of the Services you haven't been invited to;
- interfere with or disrupt any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any part of the Services;
- access, search, or create accounts for the Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, "scraping" or creating accounts in bulk);
- send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
- send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including "spoofing" or "phishing";
- promote or advertise products or services other than your own without appropriate authorization;
- abuse referrals or promotions to get more benefits than deserved;
- circumvent account limits;
- sell the Services unless specifically authorized to do so;
- publish or share materials that are unlawfully pornographic or indecent, or that contain extreme acts of violence or terrorist activity, including terror propaganda;
- advocate bigotry or hatred against any person or group of people based on their race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual preference, disability, or impairment;
- harass or abuse PatentGuru personnel or representatives or agents performing services on behalf of PatentGuru;
- violate the law in any way, including storing, publishing or sharing material that's fraudulent, defamatory, or misleading; or
- violate the privacy or infringe the rights of others.